The trials, tribulations, and adventures of an American in Seoul.

Friday, December 17, 2004

Sorry for the lack of updates

Sorry I haven't been posting anything of substance these past couple of days. Busy at work trying to wrap things up prior to my departure next month.

Last night I ordered my laptop from Gateway. It will be here 22 December. I have been buying Gateway products for over 10 years. I keep coming back because they have fantastic customer service. Last night was no exception. Bailey, the young woman who took my order was very helpful and efficient. Her mother is Korean, so we had a nice chat about my upcoming assignment.

I also made my temporary quarters reservation at the Dragon Hill Lodge. This is a nice hotel right on base. Internet access from my room too! I made the reservation through 1 March which I hope gives me ample time to find an apartment off-base. Uncle Sam is providing me a generous housing allowance so I should have no problem finding a comfortable place to live.

Two things off that preparation to-do list done. I still need to find the transportation office on the Marine base at Quantico so I can make the travel arrangements. Also need to get to the Korean Embassy for a special visa.

Anyway, time to get ready for work. Hope to be back tonight.

Oh yeah, I have a surprise for all me readers. Yeah, you know who you are! Look for it in a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!